Friday, June 3, 2011

Still Movin' on Up

I have a job! It's great to finally have the next piece in place. (I know I used pretty much the same title for a blog recently...but I couldn't come up with anything better.)

On June 20, I will finally start my career as an engineer with Butler America in West Lafayette, Indiana. They are an engineering firm, and their primary customer out of this office is Sikorsky Helicopters. They do a lot of work with the Black Hawk!

I am not yet precisely sure what I will be doing. During my interview this week, I was told that help was needed pretty much everywhere in every group in the office, but it was not specified which group I would be working in. Once I know, I'll be sure to write about it! (At least, what I'd be able to share.)

It puts a thorn in my dad's side, however, that I will be making just as much money as he does. His quote: "I have been working for thirty years and am just NOW making as much as you will be." A piece of paper written in calligraphy from Purdue University can go a long way.

I am simultaneously excited, nervous, and horrified about entering the real world. Mostly excited about not having homework anymore. One thing is for sure, however; this month is going to be one of the biggest months of my life.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw this blog title, I could only think of the Jeffersons.

    Congrats, Aaron! I'm happy as hell for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is where the title came from :-P

    ReplyDelete