Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lame Introduction Post

So, this blog originally started on boilercamp.us. I was getting paid to do it, but as such, I felt like I was pressured into posting about specific topics, and couldn't really let myself flow. Now I do it on my own time and my own terms.

So, this is that lame introduction post where I say a few things about myself. I'm 22 and a fifth-year senior in aeronautics and astronautics engineering (aka rocket science) at Purdue University, with a minor in mathematics. I only needed one more class for it, so why not? My specialization is aerodynamics. I love aerodynamics. I don't care where my career takes me, so long as it involves aerodynamics. My dream job, however, is to design Formula 1 race cars. I finally graduate in May, and then the real world awaits!

I am from a small town called Hobart, Indiana, which is in northwest Indiana, or "The Region." It is about 90 miles north of campus, a straight shot up I-65. I also (somehow) find the time to be a resident assistant at McCutcheon Hall on campus.

So what will this blog entail? First off, I LOVE music. Mostly metal. But I'm fairly open-minded and can listen to just about anything but country, because I don't want to listen to some redneck poorly play three chords on his acoustic guitar and talk about how sad he is.

So how did I become a metalhead? The journey begins around a decade ago when I began my quest to become a musician. My dad had gotten a guitar a few years prior, and I decided to pick it up when I was 13. The better I got, the more complex the music I was listening to became. I started with Blink-182, by 15 I was listening to Disturbed, at 16 I was listening to Megadeth and Metallica, at 17 I was listening to Slayer, and the list grows exponentially from there when I began my college career. In March, I started playing bass as well, and I'm finding I'm actually better at both guitar and bass since I started playing bass.

Aside from music, I am also very passionate about auto racing (particularly IndyCar and Formula 1, and I hate NASCAR with a fiery passion) and baseball. It saddens me that baseball season is about over, even more that my Cubs have been a non-contender all season. Bears season is also right around the corner, and we're looking pretty pathetic this year again. I keep telling myself that they went 0-4 in the preseason before the Super Bowl season in 2006, so I can only hope.

Well, that pretty much ends the lame introductory post. Over the next few days, I'll be reposting some of my favorite posts from boilercamp.us here!

No comments:

Post a Comment