Friday, September 17, 2010

The Real World is Calling!

This week saw Industrial Roundtable come to campus here at Purdue. IR is a two-day career fair that sees nearly 300 companies, 11,000 company representatives, and 10,000 students. I'm graduating in May, so I had to go find a job!

This was the first year that IR actually went well for me. The fact that I am a graduating senior meant that companies had more interest in me, it seemed. Aerospace has also been real down the last few years, and it is finally picking back up, and most companies had the general consensus that they'd be able to hire more people this year than in years past.

I don't want to reveal any information specifically, but I feel confident I should be able to find a job by the time I graduate! I'm excited to see what the "real world" has in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. The real world contains exactly what college has trained us to deal with-- PAIN AND MISERY!

    But naw, I do believe that we will enjoy life a lot more once we're done with our undergraduate education.

    ReplyDelete